With just over 6 months to go until the anticipated onset of Alternative Business Structures (ABS) on 6th October 2011, here’s a quick look at some of what’s happening in the legal marketplace.
- Optima Legal Services have been unravelling their relationship with Capita following the SRA’s intervention, with Capita’s share option being terminated, and Optima’s agreement to pay back the £35m loan it received from Capita.
- Co-operative Legal Services (part of the Co-operative Group) plan to apply for an ABS licence at the earliest opportunity, possibly as soon as August.
- Vamco (the repair management and credit hire specialist) is planning to take over a branch of Nesbit Law Group (under the name Kingsley Law).
- DAS (the Legal Expenses Insurer) intends to purchase Bristol law firm CW Law once permitted.
- ABStract Legal Holdings has brought within its group Accident Advice Helpline (the Claims Management Company), Sentinel Alliance (the Legal Process Outsourcer) and e-settle (the Fast-track Claims System).
- Judicata (the Legal Process Outsourcer) has been working with Premex (the medical reporting company).
- Berwin Leighton Paisner’s Managed Legal Services will provide employment law advice across Colt’s (the Information Delivery Platform’s) European businesses.
- AA and SAGA (the insurance companies owned by the same Private Equity firm) have tied up with Cogent Law (part of the Parabis Group) to offer on-line document assembly services, with the creation of Saga Legal Services.