Every law firm I have talked to over the last 6 months has been looking to recruit more people, so there is a challenge to make sure that new people are inducted effectively when they arrive; but not JUST when they arrive! Induction and ongoing development has been a big challenge for law firms as long as I can remember. It has improved but could generally be a lot better.
How do people (HR, the new recruits, the experienced people in your practice) find time; how do they make sure the right things happens and that every recruit gets consistently effective input from all the right places?
It takes time for people to settle in and there is a lot to learn that can’t and shouldn’t all be crammed in only during Week 1. There should be a structured induction programme that spans week 1, the first quarter, the first 6 months … the first year.
How do you make sure this happens in a busy legal office?
One solution comes from our learning and development (L&D) partners, e-Alliance as an integral part of a pro-active blended approach to learning and development. Their L&D software platform allows you – for each legal and support role across your practice – to manage your induction processes using our Learning Management System enabling you to:
- Identify all the components of induction that is needed
- Set a timetable for each to be completed
- Make training available from their existing library of content to your people online.
- Incorporate your own material in the programme and timetable
- Track and report visually to the new employee, their manager and HR on progress
- Plan next steps in their development to achieve the appropriate competences they need
- For solicitors; map out development in line with SRA competency requirements to ensure compliance.
Discover how eAlliance can help you improve the efficiency and simplify the delivery and management of every of your staff induction process. Their Staff Induction Programme has been designed to simplify and join up all aspects of your induction process through a series of easily navigated, online modules which can be accessed from a PC, Laptop or any mobile device.
To find out more call John Baxter on 01787 370735 or email e-Alliance at