As we head into a second critical transitional year for the legal sector, there is a driving need to be pro-active in developing any legal practice to meet the demand from clients to “do more for less” and to also maintain and improve profits. These are challenges we are helping law firms meet in a variety ways for firms at different stages of development and with varying priorities.
They are aimed primarily at medium sized and larger practices, but items 2 and 4 (in particular) are as realistic and appropriate for smaller (up to 35 people) practices, although the approach to implementation is different.
The 4 key solutions we are working on across the country that you might want to consider as part of your strategy include:
1. On Screen KPI Dashboards and Automated Management Reporting - giving fee earners, heads of departments and the senior management team easy access to the key financial, marketing and matter information (Key Performance Indicators) needed to drive performance of the business. It enables fee earners to manage their own performance, record more time, bill more quickly, get cash in more quickly, progress cases faster and can radically improve the impact of appraisal and performance management initiatives. This fills a significant gap in performance management and delivers a quick return on investment. The solution can also be moved to support any new practice or case management system you move to in the future.
Contact us to ask for a free online demo
2. Client Relationship Management (CRM) – where getting closer to clients and introducers is essential for survival and success going forwards. A variet of different initiatives here, depending on where clients are starting from, ranging from market research, through workshops with partners to implementing new systems. We talk direct to clients of our legal clients and introducers of business to identify new business opportunities and strategies. We implement CRM systems that create the structure and tools to be proactive in developing relationships, where the starting point is to get an agreed single shared view to work with.
Contact us to discuss how we have used client feedback to develop new business strategies and generate new business for law firms.
3. Introducing “Lean Thinking“ to reduce operating costs whilst also improving clients’ perceptions of value and reducing work in progress - where we have brought in specialists in this area from business sectors to work with law firms … and it’s working well. Clients have achieved radical improvements in internal operations and cleint communications, learning to roll the initiatives started in one department across the rest of the practice.
Contact us to request a copy of our FREE introduction to lean in the legal sector, “Lean for Legal Staff – The 7 Hidden Wastes”
4. Radical Improvements in IT - Infrastructure, Integrated applications, Processes and User Adoption. Initiatives range from selection of new PMS solutions to implementing Microsoft solutions that incorporate legal-customised SharePoint and CRM solutions integrated with Office and Lync on premise and also in an affordable, securely hosted environment, incorporating full business continuity as part of the solution.
Contact us to arrange a free demo of a hosted solution to see what it feels like
You can’t do it all at once, so which of these initiatives would produce the best returns for your practice and what is the best approach to making it happen successfully?
To find out more, just call Allan Carton on 0161 929 8355 to discuss how they might apply in the context of your particular business – or email email@example.com to set up a time for a preliminary telephone conversation.
To take any of these forwards, please contact us to:
- Ask for a free online demo of the KPI dashboard and automated management reporting system.
- Discuss using client feedback to develop new business strategies and generate new business.
- Ask for a copy of ”Lean for Legal Staff – The 7 Hidden Wastes.”
- Arrange a demo of a hosted Microsoft-based IT solution.